Prior to the 2010 election, Virginia Democrats had a 6-5 majority in the US House of Representatives. After a bad election and worse GOP-controlled redistricting, we are down to 3-8. But we are fighting back and this year we have quality candidates in each Congressional District. Please support these candidates with your votes, your time, and/or your money.
- 1st CD (eastern VA) – Adam Cook, a young and very thoughtful (and tall) veteran, challenges Cong. Rob Whitman
- 2nd CD (tidewater) – Businessman Paul Hirschbeil is trying to unseat 1st term Tea Partier Cong. Scott Rigell
- 3rd CD (Hampton-Richmond) – Incumbent and awesome Congressman Bobby Scott, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, deserves re-election to an 11th term
- 4th CD (tidewater/southside) – Chesapeake City Councilor and educator Dr. Ella Ward is running a spirited campaign against Cong. Randy Forbes
- 5th CD (southside) – Air Force General (ret.) John Douglass is taking on 1st term Cong. Robert Hurt
- 6th CD (the valley) – Author Andy Schmookler is running hard against Chesapeake Bay-hater Cong. Bob Goodlatte
- 7th CD (central) – Attorney Wayne Powell is running a very strong campaign against House Majority Leader Eric Cantor
- 8th CD (NoVa, within the beltway) – my Congressman, Jim Moran, is fighting for the people against some guy.
- 9th CD (southwest) -Farmer and organizer Anthony Flaccavento is challenging 1st term wacko who doesn’t even live in the district Cong. Morgan Griffin.
- 10 CD (NoVa, west) – Actvist and attorney Kristen Cabral is trying to enforce 32-year incumbent Frank Wolf’s promise to adhere to term limits.
- 11th CD (NoVa, middle) – Congressman Gerry Connolly is seeking a well deserved reelection.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Wow - did Trump pick this date for his segregation tweet on purpose? https://t.co/yHsMockU23
about 21 hours ago
- Former Loudoun detective files multi-million lawsuit against Sheriff, board | https://t.co/LNgooMMCd4 https://t.co/KOvaUkAJb0 @dpvavote
about 24 hours ago
- Democrats go "all-in" with resources for Virginia gubernatorial race https://t.co/xQJP7w2lAm via @nbcnews @theDemocrats helping @vademocrats
about 2 days ago