The DNC is divided into four regional caucuses – Virginia is part of the Southern Region. Some highlights of this morning’s meeting:
• DPVA Chair Brian Moran reported on our General Assembly races and the party’s challenges to our GOP Governor and AG.
• Mississippi Governor candidate Johnny Dupree addressed the group
• There will also be a governor’s election in WV and legislative races in KY and VA
• The group discussed redistricting issues and GOP voter restriction efforts.
• NC is focusing on convention planning – states are asked to hold fundraisers to support it.
• DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz spoke about the 2012 election and the importance of VA, FL, and NC.
• A number of Young Democrat leaders, including Virginia’s Atima Omara-Alwala, are in the South and play an important role in elections this year and next.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Prominent VA politician implicated in NC GOP voter fraud deceit https://t.co/ymMBrNigd5
about 11 hours ago
- LG candidate Reeves wants to depose opponent Vogel over email alleging affair https://t.co/QqDXWYoGjt via @rtdnews #NotMessingAround
about 14 hours ago
- The SOB is gonna kill us all. For real. https://t.co/eHedCqWKuV
about 1 day ago