Voters can find their polling location by going to gottavote.com or vote.barackobama.com, or they can call 1-855-VOTE-213 (1-855-868-3213).
Virginia has expanded the types of ID a voter can bring to the polls. Voters just need ONE form of ID. Acceptable IDs include:
- VA driver’s license
- VA voter registration card
- Student ID from any community or four-year college or university located in Virginia
- Cell phone bill or other utility bill with your current address
- Electric bill, water bill, cable bill, or other utility bill with your current address
- Bank statement with your current address
- Paycheck or government check with your current address
- U.S. Passport
Many other forms of ID are acceptable. For more information, voters can go to gottavote.com, vote.barackobama.com or they can call the hotline: 1-855-VOTE-213 (1-855-868-3213).
NOTE: If the ID has your address, it doesn’t need to have your photo.
Absentee voting is available right now. Voters can vote by mail by submitting an application by Tuesday, October 28. They can vote in-person absentee by until Saturday, November 3. A voter may vote absentee, either by mail or in-person, if they plan to be outside their city or county on election day for work, at school, on personal business or on vacation; if they will be working (including commute time) more than 11 hours on Election Day (even if they never leave their city or county); or if they are disabled, ill, pregnant or otherwise unable to come to the polls.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 6. Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Beagle puppies and friends #NationalPuppyDay @beaglefacts https://t.co/nYmK1hQgpk
about 13 hours ago
- https://t.co/8FoTRK0Syj "Despite the fact that the Democrats have become in some ways more contentious since the M… https://t.co/RgDZ7Il71l
about 2 days ago
- https://t.co/rR72QFE8p4 What Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, and Social Democrat actually mean (according to this prof)
about 2 days ago