Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/demrul5/public_html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 123
We need to continue spreading the truth about how the health care reform legislation will help the American people – starting now. See:
immediate_key_provisions.pdf (133.2 KiB, 521 hits)
The “Republicant” (thanks Ed) response has been interesting:
- Attack the process by claiming that the most debated legislation in the history of the universe was “secret,” and that Democrats tried to push it through without a vote – although we all saw the vote.
- Criticize the bill because it doesn’t have Republican ideas, although it’s not single payer, has no public option, and incorporates market-based solutions that Republicans have endorsed.
- Move to recommit and attack Bart Stupak (of all people) as a “baby killer” because the bill will allow federal funding of abortion – I wish it did, but it doesn’t, and the provisions for prenatal and child health care make the bill very baby-friendly.
- Challenge the constitutionality of the bill by filing frivolous lawsuits, including one funded by Virginia taxpayers. As I understand it, AG Cooch objects to the provision requiring people to purchase insurance from a private entity – this problem could be solved by requiring people to contribute to a government sponsored program (like Medicare) – so I assume he supports a “mandatory public option” for people who don’t want to buy private insurance.
Thanks so much to everyone who worked so hard for the passage of the health care bill.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Interesting take on IA vs. NV, under new DNC caucus rules - here's the Nevada draft plan. https://t.co/uC5gwG5YxI https://t.co/q1nEEgVcJk
about 6 mins ago
- Schapiro: Voice from past says Northam is key to Democrats' future https://t.co/6eAFe4LFzN via @rtdnews
about 5 hours ago
- Belmont over LSU? Or is that just crazy?
about 1 day ago