Prior to the 2010 election, Virginia Democrats had a 6-5 majority in the US House of Representatives. After a bad election and worse GOP-controlled redistricting, we are down to 3-8. But we are fighting back and this year we have quality candidates in each Congressional District. Please support these candidates with your votes, your time, and/or your money.
- 1st CD (eastern VA) – Adam Cook, a young and very thoughtful (and tall) veteran, challenges Cong. Rob Whitman
- 2nd CD (tidewater) – Businessman Paul Hirschbeil is trying to unseat 1st term Tea Partier Cong. Scott Rigell
- 3rd CD (Hampton-Richmond) – Incumbent and awesome Congressman Bobby Scott, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, deserves re-election to an 11th term
- 4th CD (tidewater/southside) – Chesapeake City Councilor and educator Dr. Ella Ward is running a spirited campaign against Cong. Randy Forbes
- 5th CD (southside) – Air Force General (ret.) John Douglass is taking on 1st term Cong. Robert Hurt
- 6th CD (the valley) – Author Andy Schmookler is running hard against Chesapeake Bay-hater Cong. Bob Goodlatte
- 7th CD (central) – Attorney Wayne Powell is running a very strong campaign against House Majority Leader Eric Cantor
- 8th CD (NoVa, within the beltway) – my Congressman, Jim Moran, is fighting for the people against some guy.
- 9th CD (southwest) -Farmer and organizer Anthony Flaccavento is challenging 1st term wacko who doesn’t even live in the district Cong. Morgan Griffin.
- 10 CD (NoVa, west) – Actvist and attorney Kristen Cabral is trying to enforce 32-year incumbent Frank Wolf’s promise to adhere to term limits.
- 11th CD (NoVa, middle) – Congressman Gerry Connolly is seeking a well deserved reelection.
VA DNC Member
I was proud to represent Virginia on the Democratic National Committee for 12 years. I am in DC now, but still active in voter protection and Democratic Party rules. More about me, click here.