Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/demrul5/public_html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 123
It’s about time Congress heard from mainstream Americans who want to put the country back to work. The DNC has a great American Jobs Act website, with information about the President’s plan and how you can help get Congress to pass it.
- The President’s bill would create more jobs right now because the American people demand immediate action. As soon as Congress passes it, businesses will be able to hire more workers and middle-class families will be able to keep more of what they earn.
- This proposal for immediate job creation contrasts sharply with Republican plans that rely on the same old trickle-down economics that have hurt families for decades – the theory that promises jobs later if we just give a little bit more to the wealthiest and to the biggest corporations at the expense of the middle class.
- President Obama’s bill, the American Jobs Act, is what the American people are looking for: common sense, not controversy. It’s based on ideas both Democrats and Republicans have long supported. There is no excuse for Congress not to pass it right away.
- The American Jobs Act is based on some basic values that helped make the American economy the envy of the world and helped build the American Middle Class. The idea that responsibility is rewarded, hard work pays and everyone, from Wall Street to Main Street plays by the same rules. We are at our strongest when every American does his or her fair share and everyone gets a fair shake.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Interesting take on IA vs. NV, under new DNC caucus rules - here's the Nevada draft plan. https://t.co/uC5gwG5YxI https://t.co/q1nEEgVcJk
about 16 hours ago
- Schapiro: Voice from past says Northam is key to Democrats' future https://t.co/6eAFe4LFzN via @rtdnews
about 20 hours ago
- Belmont over LSU? Or is that just crazy?
about 2 days ago