From the DPVA:
- Organizing for America-Virginia is excited to gear up for spring training: a series of joint grassroots regional trainings with the DPVA and local committees. More details forthcoming.
- Small business outreach continues. If you can help connect with local businesses, please let us know here.
- Do you know someone who would like to do an in-depth internship with OFA-VA this summer learning to organize their community? He or she can learn more about being a summer organizer and fill out the application here,
- Yesterday, President Obama discussed the common challenges he and state policymakers share: Promoting economic growth and helping to rebuild our country, while doing so in a way that is fiscally responsible. OFA. The five pillars of President Obama’s 2012 budget are here.
- In an ongoing effort to promote a two-way conversation between the grassroots and the White House, The White House is hosting the first “America’s Great Outdoors” live chat this Thursday. Join by submitting questions via YouTube or Live on Facebook: .
- In celebration of Black History Month, we honor African-American Leaders like Sam Lacy.
- Organizing for America – Virginia will continue to promote the President’s agenda by telling the stories of real Virginians who have benefitted from the progress we’ve made or stand to benefit from implementation of the President’s policy priorities. Enter your zip code to see how your community has benefitted so far here.
- If you know of a great story that should be told or have any questions, comments, thoughts or ideas about OFA-VA, please contact OFA-VA State Director, Brandyn Keating at KeatingB@dnc.org.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.