Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/demrul5/public_html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 123
Virginia’s 8th District Democratic Committee will hold its Kennedy-King Dinner to raise money for this fall’s statewide and House of Delegates campaigns on Friday, October 25, 2013. The Dinner honors the legacies of Sen. Robert Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King and bbrings Democrats together from Northern Virginia and around the Commonwealth. We are extremely excited to have as our Keynote speaker civil rights legend and Congressman John Lewis. The dinner will also feature the Dinner’s Honorary Chair, Congressman Jim Moran and special guest Congressman Gerry Connolly.
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Center (5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22311; map / directions: http://bit.ly/hilton-alxmarkcenter; paid parking at the hotel).
- Friday, October 25, 2013 6:30 PM Reception 7:30 PM Dinner
- business attire, cash bar *
- Tickets: http://bit.ly/2013kkdinner. $100 per person ($90 for YD’s or seniors); other contribution levels appreciated: $150 Benefactor; $200 Sponsor; Patron $250; $1000 Table (10 seats per table); $1500 Benefactor Table (10 seats per table); $2000 Sponsor Table (10 seats per table); $2500 Patron Table (10 seats per table)
- Flyer: http://bit.ly/2013kkdinnerflyer
Please let me know if you would like to join my table – firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and I hope to see you there.
“Some men see things as they are and ask why? I see things that never were and ask why not?” Robert Kennedy’s words, spoken in hope, mirror those spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. at the Lincoln Memorial when he shared his dream with the world in 1963. The annual Virginia Kennedy-King dinner, sponsored by the Eighth Congressional District Democratic Committee, celebrates Robert Kennedy’s and Martin Luther King, Jr.’s vision. It is an event to honor those Virginians who strive to make the hopes and dreams of these two great leaders a reality. It is a time to reflect on how both of these men continue to touch our lives as Democrats and live in our hearts as Virginians. Margo E. Horner, Eighth District Democratic Committee Chair; Charley Conrad and Dan Steen, Dinner Co-Chairs, and The Members of Virginia’s Eighth Congressional District Democratic Committee ordially invite you to join us at this special event.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- A. E. Dick Howard column: Redistricting Commission amendment is a landmark, but work remains to put it in the Virgi… https://t.co/OdBq5wSMFk
about 5 hours ago
- Va. legislation will boost access for absentee voters https://t.co/NMZFfJMZTb via @insidenova Good bill! .@dpvavote
about 5 hours ago
- Parliament rulz. https://t.co/9BRnw5zzOM
about 22 hours ago