18 Dec 2009
December 18, 2009
- If the details of the final bill are good enough for President Obama, they should be good enough for his supporters.
- A victory for the President on health care is a victory for the Democratic Party (as well as for the American people); it is not in the interest of any Democratic members of Congress to help defeat the President’s agenda.
- Republicans will not benefit from their all out efforts to oppose anything the President supports; “no” is not a constructive approach to governing.
- Everyone has been “debating” this for months – it’s time to pass the bill.
- See the OFA site for details, including a transcript of today’s OFA call (to be posted later).
VA DNC Member
I was proud to represent Virginia on the Democratic National Committee for 12 years. I am in DC now, but still active in voter protection and Democratic Party rules. More about me, click here.