The Democratic Party of Virginia State Central and Steering Committees will meet in Woodbridge, Virginia on Sept. 16-17. I believe that this is the first meeting in Northern Virginia since 1989 (which may have been the first meeting in Northern Virginia ever), and I am pretty sure it is the party’s first meeting in growing and important Prince William County. The Steering Committee will be meeting Friday night at 7:30 pm at The Osprey’s Landing (401 Belmont Bay Drive). Saturday’s 10:00 am Central Committee meetings will be at Harbourview (13200 Marina Way). Activities include:
- Update on the critically important 2011 General Assembly and local campaigns
- Selection of the nomination process for the 2012 Senate election – I will offer a motion to choose our candidate by a primary (see below)
- Consideration of resolutions, including supporting the State Senate’s Congressional Re-Districting plan (see below), which was unanimously approved by the Resolutions Committee, and honoring former DPVA Vice Chair Ken Geroe
- Selection of the location for the June 2, 2012 Democratic State Convention
- Introduction to the affirmative action/outreach efforts for the 2012 National Convention Delegate Selection process
- Distribution of petitions – we need 10,000 signatures to get President Obama on the ballot
- The Democratic Latino Organization of Virginia will hold its Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration friday night – please join us – tickets.
- And much more!
DPVA_Congressional_Redistricting_Resolution.doc (27.5 KiB, 1,208 hits)
DPVA_Senate_Primary_Motion_-_2012.doc (23.0 KiB, 1,153 hits)