The Democratic Party of Virginia State Central and Steering Committees will meet in Woodbridge, Virginia on Sept. 16-17. I believe that this is the first meeting in Northern Virginia since 1989 (which may have been the first meeting in Northern Virginia ever), and I am pretty sure it is the party’s first meeting in growing and important Prince William County. The Steering Committee will be meeting Friday night at 7:30 pm at The Osprey’s Landing (401 Belmont Bay Drive). Saturday’s 10:00 am Central Committee meetings will be at Harbourview (13200 Marina Way). Activities include:
- Update on the critically important 2011 General Assembly and local campaigns
- Selection of the nomination process for the 2012 Senate election – I will offer a motion to choose our candidate by a primary (see below)
- Consideration of resolutions, including supporting the State Senate’s Congressional Re-Districting plan (see below), which was unanimously approved by the Resolutions Committee, and honoring former DPVA Vice Chair Ken Geroe
- Selection of the location for the June 2, 2012 Democratic State Convention
- Introduction to the affirmative action/outreach efforts for the 2012 National Convention Delegate Selection process
- Distribution of petitions – we need 10,000 signatures to get President Obama on the ballot
- The Democratic Latino Organization of Virginia will hold its Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration friday night – please join us – tickets.
- And much more!
DPVA_Congressional_Redistricting_Resolution.doc (27.5 KiB, 757 hits)
DPVA_Senate_Primary_Motion_-_2012.doc (23.0 KiB, 711 hits)
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Join me in supporting Virginia Democratic Women's Caucus via @actblue https://t.co/gDlEKZOD6k
about 24 hours ago
- With Virginia's 2018 election in the books, lawmakers debate possible changes for next year https://t.co/eASv3Oeey5 via @rtdnews .@DPVAVOTE
about 1 day ago
- Virginia Could Be The State To Give Women Equal Rights Nationwide https://t.co/3tObKBdD2E @vademocrats will consid… https://t.co/Yyh353eVy6
about 2 days ago