The Democratic Party of Virginia will hold its first quarterly meeting of 2013 this weekend, at the downtown Richmond Marriott. This year the meetings are not being held in connection with the annual Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner, but that dinner will be held in June and there is a lot going on this weekend. The meetings are open to all Democrats. The DPVA Steering Committee will meet on Friday night, from 7 to 9 PM. Some highlights of the Saturday, February 16 meetings:
- 8-10 AM: Women’s Caucus Breakfast with Special Guest and Keynote Speaker Cecile Richards, President, Planned Parenthood Action Fund. Please support this excellent event – purchase tickets here .
- 10AM-12:40 PM: Central Committee Meeting
- 1:00-2:00 PM: 2013 Coordinated Campaign Breakouts
- 1:00-2:00 PM: DisAbility Awareness Training (led by DPVA member Ed Turner)
- 1:00-2:00 PM: LGBT Caucus Meeting
- 1:00-2:30PM: Democratic Latino Organization of Virginia (DLOV) Statewide Annual Meeting with Keynote Speaker and Democratic Candidate for Governor, Terry McAuliffe at the Kenn Tico Restaurant (204 East Grace St., Richmond, VA 23219 – three blocks from the Marriott)
The DPVA business will include discussion of the 2013 campaign, including polling and messaging, campaign structure and coordination, field and outreach strategy, and digital strategy, including a new website; General Assembly campaign updates; regional training plans; adoption of a budget; and consideration of resolutions. This will also be the last meeting of the 2009-2013 State Central Committee. As will be discussed at Saturday’s meeting, we will hold Congressional District Conventions this May to elect new Central Committee members, who will elect new DPVA officers at our June 2013 meeting. The Central Committee also will adopt an allocation formula at the meeting.