The Democratic Party of Virginia State Steering and Central Committees will hold their quarterly meetings in Williamsburg on June 12 (7:30 pm, Williamsburg Hospitality House) and June 13 (10:00 am, Sadler Center, Chesapeake Room). The committees will:
- Elect Party Officers – Incumbent Chair Richard Cranwell, Vice Chair for Organization Jennifer McClellan, and Vice Chair for Finance Jim Turpin are the only candidates pre-filed and therefore will be reelected, keeping in place a strong team of leaders that has done a great job. There are currently contested races for Vice Chair for Rules, Vice Chair for Outreach, Vice Chair for Technology and Communication, Secretary and Treasurer. I join outgoing Secretary Pixie Bell in enthusiastically supporting Steve Bunn of Fairfax for Secretary.
- Adopt Resolutions — see report of Resolutions Committee here.
- Elect three members to the 2009-2013 Resolutions Committee.
- Vote on the recognition of the Democratic Latino Organization of Virginia (DLOV) as a caucus.
After the meeting , there will be a Party Unity Rally featuring our Statewide Ticket at 12:00 pm at Alumni House, College of William and Mary.
All Virginia Democrats are invited to attend all events – especially the Rally!
On a personal note, I will not be seeking reelection as Vice Chair for Rules, having been elected to the DNC last year. I have worked hard over the past eight years to craft processes that were open, fair, and clear and help build the Democratic Party. I thank the Virginia Democrats and excellent party staff who have worked with me over that time. I look forward to more Democratic victories in Virginia and new challenges at the DNC.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Wallowing in Watergate. Thankful the system worked. Hope it works again. Because @dick_nixon is a friggin saint… https://t.co/u2ENRJoUB7
about 2 hours ago
- Editorial: Clear up the confusion before certifying 28th District votes https://t.co/8t7VoLIXR9 via @rtdnews Even the RTD sees the problem
about 1 day ago
- Fighting Cline for 6th District nod, Dunbar impresses area GOP https://t.co/tC92dmgPNy via @newsvirginian #Winnable
about 3 days ago