The Democratic Party of Virginia State Steering and Central Committees will hold their quarterly meetings in Williamsburg on June 12 (7:30 pm, Williamsburg Hospitality House) and June 13 (10:00 am, Sadler Center, Chesapeake Room). The committees will:
- Elect Party Officers – Incumbent Chair Richard Cranwell, Vice Chair for Organization Jennifer McClellan, and Vice Chair for Finance Jim Turpin are the only candidates pre-filed and therefore will be reelected, keeping in place a strong team of leaders that has done a great job. There are currently contested races for Vice Chair for Rules, Vice Chair for Outreach, Vice Chair for Technology and Communication, Secretary and Treasurer. I join outgoing Secretary Pixie Bell in enthusiastically supporting Steve Bunn of Fairfax for Secretary.
- Adopt Resolutions — see report of Resolutions Committee here.
- Elect three members to the 2009-2013 Resolutions Committee.
- Vote on the recognition of the Democratic Latino Organization of Virginia (DLOV) as a caucus.
After the meeting , there will be a Party Unity Rally featuring our Statewide Ticket at 12:00 pm at Alumni House, College of William and Mary.
All Virginia Democrats are invited to attend all events – especially the Rally!
On a personal note, I will not be seeking reelection as Vice Chair for Rules, having been elected to the DNC last year. I have worked hard over the past eight years to craft processes that were open, fair, and clear and help build the Democratic Party. I thank the Virginia Democrats and excellent party staff who have worked with me over that time. I look forward to more Democratic victories in Virginia and new challenges at the DNC.
VA DNC Member
I was proud to represent Virginia on the Democratic National Committee for 12 years. I am in DC now, but still active in voter protection and Democratic Party rules. More about me, click here.
- An interview with Vince Leggett, the founder and president of the Blacks of the Chesapeake Foundation about the his… https://t.co/ihYFA4A6k5
about 2 hours ago
- Me too https://t.co/XAZDij1OZj
about 18 hours ago
- GW Hatchet article on our new Foggy Bottom History Project! https://t.co/8lpxf3e2mL
about 1 day ago