Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/demrul5/public_html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 123
Jim Messina – national campaign manager gave a reelection campaign update to DNC members. Highlights:
• We will run a 50 state strategy; have staff everywhere; are working with every state party.
• Campaign will include Va and NC – convention is in NC and President was in Richmond yesterday
• AmericanJobsAct.Com – OFA is pushing for adoption of Act.
• 31 states have recently adopted voter restriction measures – we will fight them through referendum, lawsuits, and voter education – Voter protection efforts underway now.
• We will have the most open and accessible national convention in American history.
• GOP race – could be a long campaign, candidates moving further to the right.
• Effect of Citizens United – hundreds of millions in independent expenditures.
• Don’t be concerned about polls (especially national one) – long way to go.
• There are a lot of ways to 270 electoral votes – are expanding the map.
• Objectives include continuing to grow the grassroots, build tech infrastructure, reachout to key constituencies, hold the GOP accountable, raise money.
• “Respect, Empower, Include, Win” #DNCFall11
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Belmont over LSU? Or is that just crazy?
about 20 hours ago
- Extremely useful graphic on 2020 - Thanks @2020Delegates ! https://t.co/NBWR7ifIQR
about 1 day ago
- A. E. Dick Howard column: Redistricting Commission amendment is a landmark, but work remains to put it in the Virgi… https://t.co/OdBq5wSMFk
about 2 days ago