The DNC issued a release today reporting that Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will be nominated as the Democratic National Convention Chair and setting forth the following schedule:
- Convention week will open with a family-friendly Labor Day event at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Monday, September 3, that will be open to people from across the region and around the country.
- Delegates will vote on Mayor Villaraigosa’s nomination at the convention’s opening session and he will preside over convention proceedings at Time Warner Cable Arena, on Tuesday, September 4, and Wednesday, September 5.
- And on Thursday September 6, President Obama will accept the nomination at Bank of America Stadium, where once again the public will be invited to attend.
TALKING_POINTS_LA_MAYOR_VILLARAIGOSA_TO_CHAIR_THE_DEMOCRATIC_NATIONAL_CONVENTION.pdf (16.5 KiB, 680 hits)
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Odd. @mail.ru email addresses are a bit of a giveaway. https://t.co/OragvaSPfV
about 9 hours ago
- Allegations of bias leveled by 5 of 8 candidates in 6th District GOP race https://t.co/PL9ySOHWVU via @newsadvance #losers
about 12 hours ago
- Judge grants Warrenton vice mayor protective order against council opponent https://t.co/UYQeqHE4sc Might make for awkward debates
about 1 day ago