The DNC issued a release today reporting that Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will be nominated as the Democratic National Convention Chair and setting forth the following schedule:
- Convention week will open with a family-friendly Labor Day event at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Monday, September 3, that will be open to people from across the region and around the country.
- Delegates will vote on Mayor Villaraigosa’s nomination at the convention’s opening session and he will preside over convention proceedings at Time Warner Cable Arena, on Tuesday, September 4, and Wednesday, September 5.
- And on Thursday September 6, President Obama will accept the nomination at Bank of America Stadium, where once again the public will be invited to attend.
TALKING_POINTS_LA_MAYOR_VILLARAIGOSA_TO_CHAIR_THE_DEMOCRATIC_NATIONAL_CONVENTION.pdf (16.5 KiB, 741 hits)
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Join me in supporting Virginia Democratic Women's Caucus via @actblue https://t.co/gDlEKZOD6k
about 24 hours ago
- With Virginia's 2018 election in the books, lawmakers debate possible changes for next year https://t.co/eASv3Oeey5 via @rtdnews .@DPVAVOTE
about 1 day ago
- Virginia Could Be The State To Give Women Equal Rights Nationwide https://t.co/3tObKBdD2E @vademocrats will consid… https://t.co/Yyh353eVy6
about 2 days ago