The DNC issued a release today reporting that Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will be nominated as the Democratic National Convention Chair and setting forth the following schedule:
- Convention week will open with a family-friendly Labor Day event at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Monday, September 3, that will be open to people from across the region and around the country.
- Delegates will vote on Mayor Villaraigosa’s nomination at the convention’s opening session and he will preside over convention proceedings at Time Warner Cable Arena, on Tuesday, September 4, and Wednesday, September 5.
- And on Thursday September 6, President Obama will accept the nomination at Bank of America Stadium, where once again the public will be invited to attend.
TALKING_POINTS_LA_MAYOR_VILLARAIGOSA_TO_CHAIR_THE_DEMOCRATIC_NATIONAL_CONVENTION.pdf (16.5 KiB, 896 hits)
VA DNC Member
I was proud to represent Virginia on the Democratic National Committee for 12 years. I am in DC now, but still active in voter protection and Democratic Party rules. More about me, click here.
- An interview with Vince Leggett, the founder and president of the Blacks of the Chesapeake Foundation about the his… https://t.co/ihYFA4A6k5
about 4 hours ago
- Me too https://t.co/XAZDij1OZj
about 20 hours ago
- GW Hatchet article on our new Foggy Bottom History Project! https://t.co/8lpxf3e2mL
about 1 day ago