The Governor signed the bill changing the primary date for General Assembly and local offices to August 23, 2011. Thanks to Arlington Democratic Chair Mike Lieberman for forwarding this update, which reports on changes from the original bill:
- Window in which political parties must notify the State Board of Elections (SBE) if a primary has been adopted: May 27 – June 3
- Candidate filing window, in which primary candidates file required documents with party chair: noon on June 7 through 5 pm June 15
- Deadline for primary candidates to file required documents with registrar: 5 pm on June 15
- Party chairman must certify primary candidates to SBE: June 17
- Ballots must be available to send to absentee voters: July 8
- Political parties selecting a nominee via a method other than a primary have between July 1 and 7 pm on Aug. 23 to make their selection. Party chairs must certify their nominees by Aug. 26.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Odd. @mail.ru email addresses are a bit of a giveaway. https://t.co/OragvaSPfV
about 17 hours ago
- Allegations of bias leveled by 5 of 8 candidates in 6th District GOP race https://t.co/PL9ySOHWVU via @newsadvance #losers
about 20 hours ago
- Judge grants Warrenton vice mayor protective order against council opponent https://t.co/UYQeqHE4sc Might make for awkward debates
about 2 days ago