The DNC is divided into four regional caucuses – Virginia is part of the Southern Region. Some highlights of this morning’s meeting:
• DPVA Chair Brian Moran reported on our General Assembly races and the party’s challenges to our GOP Governor and AG.
• Mississippi Governor candidate Johnny Dupree addressed the group
• There will also be a governor’s election in WV and legislative races in KY and VA
• The group discussed redistricting issues and GOP voter restriction efforts.
• NC is focusing on convention planning – states are asked to hold fundraisers to support it.
• DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz spoke about the 2012 election and the importance of VA, FL, and NC.
• A number of Young Democrat leaders, including Virginia’s Atima Omara-Alwala, are in the South and play an important role in elections this year and next.
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Join me in supporting Virginia Democratic Women's Caucus via @actblue https://t.co/gDlEKZOD6k
about 4 hours ago
- With Virginia's 2018 election in the books, lawmakers debate possible changes for next year https://t.co/eASv3Oeey5 via @rtdnews .@DPVAVOTE
about 5 hours ago
- Virginia Could Be The State To Give Women Equal Rights Nationwide https://t.co/3tObKBdD2E @vademocrats will consid… https://t.co/Yyh353eVy6
about 1 day ago