The DNC is divided into four regional caucuses – Virginia is part of the Southern Region. Some highlights of this morning’s meeting:
• DPVA Chair Brian Moran reported on our General Assembly races and the party’s challenges to our GOP Governor and AG.
• Mississippi Governor candidate Johnny Dupree addressed the group
• There will also be a governor’s election in WV and legislative races in KY and VA
• The group discussed redistricting issues and GOP voter restriction efforts.
• NC is focusing on convention planning – states are asked to hold fundraisers to support it.
• DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz spoke about the 2012 election and the importance of VA, FL, and NC.
• A number of Young Democrat leaders, including Virginia’s Atima Omara-Alwala, are in the South and play an important role in elections this year and next.
VA DNC Member
I was proud to represent Virginia on the Democratic National Committee for 12 years. I am in DC now, but still active in voter protection and Democratic Party rules. More about me, click here.