At the June 2, 2012 Virginia Democratic State Convention in Fairfax, we will elect two male and two female representatives to four year terms on the DNC. I am honored to run with Mame Reiley, George Wallace, Doris Crouse-Mays, a diverse group who will continue to work at the DNC to advance progressive issues, build the Democratic Party, and elect Democrats.
- Mame has served on the DNC since 1992 – she currently chairs the DNC Women’s Caucus and serves as a respected member of the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee. She has worked for the election of, and raised money for, countless Democrats, including Senator Warner and Governor Kaine. Mame is an important national voice for Democratic Women and Virginia Democrats.
- George is seeking his first term on the DNC, and has the support of leaders of the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus. He has had a long career of public service in local government and was just re-elected as the leading voter getter and Vice-Mayor of Hampton, Virginia. George will bring a unique perspective as a local official to the DNC and contribute to our efforts to elect Democrats from the courthouse to the White House.
- Doris is seeking only her second term on the DNC, but she already sits on the DNC Executive Committee. She is a long time Democratic activist who was elected as the first woman president president of the Virginia AFL-CIO. She oversees Labor’s political program in Virginia, has help elect many Democrats, and works every day to advance the interests of Virginia’s working families.
The members of the Unity Team have different backgrounds and experiences and come from different parts of the Commonwealth, but share common goals.
- We are united in our years of experience working to build the Democratic Party and elect Democratic candidates.
- We are united in support of Democratic values and principles and working to support and advocate for all Democratic candidates.
- We are united in our commitment to DNC support for building state parties and winning elections for Democrats in the Commonwealth and across the nation.
- We are united in our efforts to win Virginia for Barack Obama and elect Tim Kaine and our Democratic candidates in 2012 and beyond.
Please support the Unity Team and we look forward to seeing you in Fairfax on June 2!
For more information, see our Unity Team page.
VA DNC Member
I was proud to represent Virginia on the Democratic National Committee for 12 years. I am in DC now, but still active in voter protection and Democratic Party rules. More about me, click here.