Check out the Virgina League of Conservation Voters Legislative Scorecard which ranks members of the General Assembly based on their votes on environmental conservation issues including… Read More »Virginia General Assembly – Conservation Scorecard
In an op-ed posted today on the U.S. News & World Report website, DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz argues that Republican-led voter ID laws infringe… Read More »DNC Chair: GOP Attacking Americans’ Right to Vote
- The Obama campaign gears up for 2012
We’ve got critically important legislative races this year, but it is great to see that President Obama’s re-election campaign is already getting ready to win Virginia again next year. To read more about the President’s re-election bid in Virginia, click here.Read More »DPVA Weekly Top 5 for June 21, 2011
- Every Democrat’s favorite Republican re-emerges
We all remember former Delegate and Republican Party of Virginia Chairman Jeff Frederick as a barely coherent right-winger who could always be counted upon to do or say something to embarrass his party, and who was drummed out of power by Bob McDonnell and party elite for that very reason. Well now he’s back! Last week he filed to run in a Republican primary for the right to challenge Senator Toddy Puller in November. With that in mind, the DPVA put together a video reel of some of Frederick’s more colorful moments to date as a way of welcoming him back. Click here to read about the DPVA’s celebration of the return of Jeff Frederick and to watch the video we prepared.Read More »DPVA Weekly Top 5 for June 15, 2011
1. Get Social: Social media is one of the easiest ways for Democratic activists to communicate with people in their own communities about our Democratic values of justice, fairness and equality of opportunity. “Like” the DPVA Facebook page and follow the Twitter feed and simply click ‘share’ or ‘retweet’ to put that information directly in front of the Virginians who look to you as a source of political information.Read More »Five Ways to Advance the Democratic Message
- Virginia Democrats are dedicated to advancing our shared values of job creation, justice and equality of opportunity for every family.
- We believe that the middle class is the cultural and economic heart of our Commonwealth and that government should provide opportunities for every family to realize the American dream.Read More »The DPVA Message: Fighting for Middle Class Families in 2011
Today, the the Democratic Black Caucus of Virginia joined the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus in supporting the creation of a second majority-minority congressional district during the current redistricting process. Read More »Democratic Black Caucus of VA Supports Second Majority-Minority District
Among the good things that DPVA Chairman Brian Moran is doing is providing regular updates on his travels, the party’s activities, and important issues. The DPVA’s new leadership is active and open. Below is the Chairman’s Update, which makes the point that the DPVA favors bipartisan redistricting, but not unilateral action which will undermine the Senate’s ability to protect the Commonwealth from Republican extremism.Read More »DPVA Chairman’s Update – 4/1/2011
Here are some observations from the DNC on the President’s speech and our country’s actions in Libya.
- President Obama made a strong case for the success of our efforts in Libya so far, and for the more limited role that America will play going forward.Read More »President Obama on Libya
DNC Chair Kaine on the Wisconsin Legislature’s Vote to Take Away Public Workers’ Collective Bargaining Rights
Washington, DC – Last night, without public notice, Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate used extraordinary parliamentary maneuvers to separate a bill that takes away public workers’ bargaining rights in that state from related budgetary measures, enabling them to pass that bill solely with Republican votes. The GOP-dominated Wisconsin Assembly followed suit today, sending the purely partisan bill, which eliminates rights that public employees in Wisconsin have had for decades without addressing Wisconsin’s fiscal issues, to Republican Governor Scott Walker’s desk.Read More »DNC Chair Kaine on the Wisconsin Legislature’s Vote to Take Away Public Workers’ Collective Bargaining Rights
From the DPVA: Organizing for America-Virginia is excited to gear up for spring training: a series of joint grassroots regional trainings with the DPVA and… Read More »Organizing for America – Virginia Update