One really good thing about 2014 will be the swearing-in of a Democratic Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General, for the first time since 1989. (We got kind of used to sweeps in the 1980s). Here are links to major events: The DPVA is putting on a Chairwoman’s Inaugural Dinner on Monday, January 6, 2014 at 7..
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) held its first meeting of the year at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington DC today. The DNC elected officers, adopted committee reports, and heard from Vice President Biden. Highlights: Virginia has three new DNC members – The Virginia State Party Chair and highest-ranking-Vice-Chair-of-the-opposite-gender are automatically members of the DNC. Chair Charnielle Herring..
The DNC will meet at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in DC on Tuesday, January 22, with the full DNC meeting running from 11:45 am to 1:30 pm. The primary business will be the elections of a National Chair, Vice Chairs, and other officers. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is running for reelection as Chair and I am..
Inauguration weekend is finally here, with today as the National Day of Service. If you have ordered tickets to Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC) events, today is the last day to pickup tickets at the Washington Convention Center (2pm to 9pm). If you are not attending the swearing in, parade, and other events, you can view..
A week to go until President Obama’s inauguration on Monday, January 21! The weather is supposed to be cold, but probably not as freezing as four years ago; we can only hope. The authorities are providing more details as to the logistics. Although fewer people are expected than four years ago, there will be road..
Here are some updates. I will be posting more as they become available.
- Official Inaugural Ball tickets – haven’t gone out yet, and this year there will be only two official balls (plus a military ball), a reduction from 10 four years ago (and the fewest balls since Eisenhower). All the more reason to head to the Democratic Party of Virginia Inaugural Ball at the Westin in Ballston (Arlington) on January 20th and the Democratic Black Caucus of Virginia 47% Inaugural Ball in Chantilly on January 19th.
- Also, there is the Italian-American Democratic Leadership Council Event on January 20 at Carmines in DC.
- Check these lists for updates on events:
Thanks Steve Bunn for the DemRulz Website update!
Here’s our first report on the 2013 Presidential Inauguration: 1. The 2013 Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC) just announced the Preliminary Schedule of Events for Inaugural Weekend and Inauguration Co-Chairs (below). On Saturday, January 19, 2013, Americans will participate in service projects in their communities to honor our shared values and celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King,..
President Obama will be inaugurated to his second term (!) on Monday, January 21, 2013. The Democratic National Committee will meet the next day, Tuesday, January 22, 2013. The Association of State Democratic Chairs will meet in the morning, DNC Committees will meet mid-morning, and the DNC General Session will meet in the afternoon. I’ll..
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- Join me in supporting Virginia Democratic Women's Caucus via @actblue https://t.co/gDlEKZOD6k
about 17 hours ago
- With Virginia's 2018 election in the books, lawmakers debate possible changes for next year https://t.co/eASv3Oeey5 via @rtdnews .@DPVAVOTE
about 18 hours ago
- Virginia Could Be The State To Give Women Equal Rights Nationwide https://t.co/3tObKBdD2E @vademocrats will consid… https://t.co/Yyh353eVy6
about 2 days ago