Here is a letter from DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Dear Friends and Colleagues, It was with great pride that we watched President Obama take the oath of office Monday at the Inaugural ceremony. As the President enters his second term, so too the DNC enters a new chapter, with some new faces, and..
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) held its first meeting of the year at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington DC today. The DNC elected officers, adopted committee reports, and heard from Vice President Biden. Highlights: Virginia has three new DNC members – The Virginia State Party Chair and highest-ranking-Vice-Chair-of-the-opposite-gender are automatically members of the DNC. Chair Charnielle Herring..
The DNC will meet at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in DC on Tuesday, January 22, with the full DNC meeting running from 11:45 am to 1:30 pm. The primary business will be the elections of a National Chair, Vice Chairs, and other officers. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is running for reelection as Chair and I am..
Inauguration weekend is finally here, with today as the National Day of Service. If you have ordered tickets to Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC) events, today is the last day to pickup tickets at the Washington Convention Center (2pm to 9pm). If you are not attending the swearing in, parade, and other events, you can view..
A week to go until President Obama’s inauguration on Monday, January 21! The weather is supposed to be cold, but probably not as freezing as four years ago; we can only hope. The authorities are providing more details as to the logistics. Although fewer people are expected than four years ago, there will be road..
- Sign up for the National Day of Service – here’s the link to sign up for the National Mall Service Fair and for info on other projects in the DC Area.
- Buy stuff at the Official Inauguration on-line Store!
- See about DC’s transportation guide
- Justice Roberts to swear in president Obama (for the fourth time, so Obama’s record matches FDR’s).
- Of course, January 21 is also Martin Luther King day, so some joint events are planned.
- Inaugural Prayer Service at National Cathedral on January 22 at 10:30 am (invitation only, but televised)
- DNC meeting at Marriot Wardman Park, full committee meeting at 1:30, January 22
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.