A nice look back on the highlights of the year that led to the President’s re-election: http://my.barackobama.com/Our-Journey
Here are some updates. I will be posting more as they become available.
- Official Inaugural Ball tickets – haven’t gone out yet, and this year there will be only two official balls (plus a military ball), a reduction from 10 four years ago (and the fewest balls since Eisenhower). All the more reason to head to the Democratic Party of Virginia Inaugural Ball at the Westin in Ballston (Arlington) on January 20th and the Democratic Black Caucus of Virginia 47% Inaugural Ball in Chantilly on January 19th.
- Also, there is the Italian-American Democratic Leadership Council Event on January 20 at Carmines in DC.
- Check these lists for updates on events:
Thanks Steve Bunn for the DemRulz Website update!
Terry McAuliffe is a strong candidate and will be a great Governor of Virginia. Here are some of the reasons why I like him: He is the most enthusiastic and energetic person in the Universe. His wife Dorothy says “he barely sleeps.” I believe this. He is a leader who knows how to manage businesses, organizations, and..
The Democratic Party of Virginia Steering and Central Committees met in Williamsburg on December 7-8. Here is an article and some highlights of the meetings. Thanks Brian – Chairman Brian Moran has done an excellent job over the past two years of building the party, spreading the message, and electing our candidates; we all wish him..
Barack breaks bread with Boyko Borisov of Bulgaria, nuke threat reduction, economic growth and deficit reduction, tribal nations, middle-class tax cut, and jobs. Forward!
The Democratic Party of Virgninia State Steeering Committee will meet tonight from 7-9 pm in the Sadler Center, Chesapeake Room, on the Campus of William & Mary (200 Stadium Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23186. The full DPVA Central Committee will meet tomorrow, Saturday, December 8 from 10AM-Noon at the same location. The Party will adopt rules..
Here’s our first report on the 2013 Presidential Inauguration: 1. The 2013 Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC) just announced the Preliminary Schedule of Events for Inaugural Weekend and Inauguration Co-Chairs (below). On Saturday, January 19, 2013, Americans will participate in service projects in their communities to honor our shared values and celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King,..
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- ‘Dark-money’ superlawyer bills herself as advocate for charities in Va. lieutenant governor’s race https://t.co/CPvMlJ1pf5
about 10 hours ago
- Knights already have 2x as many road wins as the expansion Caps https://t.co/0UWNDMY60h
about 3 days ago
- New post: Holder: Help Protect the Vote in Virginia https://t.co/r1blwvYewC
about 4 days ago