Here’s our first report on the 2013 Presidential Inauguration:
1. The 2013 Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC) just announced the Preliminary Schedule of Events for Inaugural Weekend and Inauguration Co-Chairs (below). On Saturday, January 19, 2013, Americans will participate in service projects in their communities to honor our shared values and celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In keeping with tradition for Inauguration Days that fall on a Sunday, the President will participate in a small private swearing-in ceremony on January 20. The President’s public swearing-in, the parade and the official Inaugural balls will take place on Monday, January 21. More information on the 2013 Presidential Inaugural Committee can be found at www.2013pic.org and on Twitter @obamainaugural.
2. The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (JCCIC) oversees the ceremonial swearing-in on the west steps of the Capitol and other Inaugural activities that occur on the Capitol grounds. Check their site for updates: http://www.inaugural.senate.gov/. Senators and Representatives of the 113th Congress will distribute tickets for the Inaugural swearing-in ceremonies in January 2013. Contact their offices with any questions or requests concerning tickets.
3. The Democratic Party of Virginia will hold an (unofficial) Virginia Ball the night before the Inauguration (January 20th) at the Westin in Arlington. Sign up here. It was an excellent event four years ago. Other Democratic committees are also sponsoring events, including the Fairfax County Democratic Committee Blue Jeans Ball on January 19th.
4. I’ll be posting Inaugural Updates as I get them, so feel free to friend me on Facebook (Frank Leone) and follow me on twitter (DemRulz). This is going to be great! Presidential Inaugural Committee 2012
VA DNC Member
I am proud to represent Virginia as one of our five elected members of the Democratic National Committee. This site features my regular reports from the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Party of Virginia , occasional news and comment regarding Virginia politics, and useful links and references. More about me, click here.
- 4 bizarre moments from Anthony Scaramucci's CNN call-in segment https://t.co/Kl4wlqVbAG via @HuffPostPol
about 3 hours ago
- This is great - @DPVAvote needs to be involved with the disAbility Voter Registration efforts and address voting ba… https://t.co/EWdXhug5Lr
about 6 hours ago
- Wow - did Trump pick this date for his segregation tweet on purpose? https://t.co/yHsMockU23
about 1 day ago